How IAB UK will be supporting members during the COVID-19 outbreak
Posted on: Wednesday 18 March 2020 | Jon Mew - CEO, IAB UK
Read an update from our CEO Jon Mew on how we will working with our members and bringing the industry together over the next few months
I'd like to let you know how IAB UK will be continuing to support and work with you as your industry body over the coming months. As we all adapt to what are undoubtedly challenging circumstances, our biggest priority is to make sure that we are helping you and your business adjust to the current climate by delivering the resources, information and insight that you need.
‘We’re all in this together’ is a message we’re hearing a lot of at the moment, and I wholeheartedly believe that the same mantra applies to our industry. As we navigate the next few months, we will be continuing to bring the industry together via virtual forums and events - ensuring that we support the digital advertising community that we’re all part of.
While our office may be closed, we’re operating as usual - albeit remotely - and building a sustainable future for digital advertising remains our core mission. Here are some practical details on how we will be doing that over the coming months:
- We’ll be continuing to tackle and address the big issues facing our industry via our policy and regulatory work, as well as growing and evolving the Gold Standard
- Many of our events, workshops and training courses will be going virtual. Take a look at our events page for information on what we have coming up
- Our annual flagship event Engage, which was due to be held on 14 May, will not be taking place but we are still planning to celebrate digital advertising, provide showcase opportunities for members and bring the industry together. More details to follow soon
- All of our steering, advisory and working group meetings will continue as usual in a virtual capacity. More details to follow soon from the Industry Initiatives team
- We believe communication is vital at this time of social distancing, so we will be embarking on new ways to connect with you - from email updates to our podcast
- In the next few days, we will be launching a new hub: IAB Connected. Here we will be bringing together useful resources for working from home, managing mental health, and examples of how businesses across our industry are working
These are just some of the ways that we will be working to best support you at this time. It goes without saying that we are all in uncharted territory and will have to adapt and learn as we go along, but I want to reassure you that we at IAB UK will continue to focus on building a sustainable future for digital advertising in the months ahead and beyond.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or concerns.
IAB UK Connected | Season 2 Episode 2: Sea Life Centre to Fortnite: children's lockdown with RocketLearn more
Introducing our Guide to Digital Innovation 2020
From shoppable video to gaming experiences, our new guide gives first-hand insight from 36 IAB members on the most innovative digital ad solutions and...Learn more
How to Get Ahead of the Game - Gaming as a Media Channel
From creative freedom to the ability to reach elusive audiences, Peter Jacobs and Luke Aldridge, Client Partners at Dentsu Aegis Network, take a look at...Learn more
The Future of Attribution is Already Here
The future of attribution is cookie-less, privacy-secure, enables cross-media measurement and is highly effective, writes AudienceProject’s Commercial...Learn more